2014 Snapshots

Friday, August 22

Back To School Night.

So last night my husband and I went to Renee's "Back to School Night" and I'm ready for this school year.  I'm ready to be engaged and ready to work with her teachers because I know Renee best.  I know what makes her tick and how to get her motivated and excited about school.  (Although her teacher this year is great and Renee likes him so she looks forward to school!!)

I'm so thankful that she is able to attend ISB - International School of Bangkok.  It is such a wonderful school and the teachers are great. 

Well Mr Perkins (Renee teacher) gave us a lot of information last night about his style of teaching and what he wants to achieve this school year.  But after all that information I walked away with only one of his buzz phrases -

"You cannot learn from mistakes you have not made"

I have to remember this throughout the year.  I have to allow her to fail and let her push the boundaries a little.  It is a little scary but I think I can learn a lot from this phrase.

Have a great weekend everyone!

....Kari

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...