2014 Snapshots

Monday, July 28

It's Ketchup Dad .................

So after our visit to China Town we were feeling kinda hungry and so we decided to grab  lunch at the Impact Arena - where the Furniture Fair was.  Tanysha had pizza, Renee had chicken and chips(french fries) and I had noodles.  Rohan didn't feel like eating so didn't get anything.

Anyway so we're eating and Tanysha gets done with her pizza and Renee offers to share her chicken and chips with her. The girls are eating and chatting away and Rohan suggests to Tanysha to have her fries with some "Tomato Sauce" - Tanysha looks up at him and says" ........ "It's ketchup Dad, not tomato sauce you silly".

DSC00990

Tanysha pointing at the "ketchup" (notice all the fries are gone)

Oh the English language!! 

That was a classic moment for me.  Just the way she was so sure of herself and how she called her Daddy silly for calling it tomato sauce.  The same could be said of the french fries for chips.

I guess it depends where you're from or where you have been.  I remember when we went to a Outback Restaurant in California and I asked for some "Tomato Sauce" - the waitress looked at me funny and walked away.  A couple of minutes later she came back to me with tartar sauce.  Now I looked at her funny and then realized - it's ketchup here in America - not tomato sauce.

I guess when in Rome do as Rome does - or for that matter say as Rome says !!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...