2014 Snapshots

Tuesday, July 15

Did I say thank you for my shower today?

This is a funny title for a blog entry but today I am reminded that in everything to simply give thanks. 1 Thessalonians 5:18.

Many times, actually all the time I look for the big things that God has done and is doing in my life to thank Him for. When really it's the little things, mainly the simple things in life that I take for granted that I should be thankful for.

Those of you who now me and know where I am from will know that my village (Pari Village) in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea is without running water and has been for nearly 10years now. No one knows what the problem is and no one seems to be able to get it fixed. Showers are non-existent and bath times are almost like another chore because you have to fetch your water for your bath. I know what that is like and so today I am thankful for running water in my house.
Thankful that I do not have to fetch water for something that I know many of us take for granted.

Oh dear Lord, for all the wonderful and awesome things you have done and continue to do in my life for which I am thankful for, let me never overlook the simple things, the things I take for granted. Let me be extra thankful for those things knowing that somewhere else, such things like a shower is a luxury.

...Kari

1 comment:

Rossie said...

Too funny...I thank God nearly every night for my bed. I grew up sharing a twin bed with my sis. She was all over the place, so sleeping was never pleasent!
Blessings, Rossie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...