2014 Snapshots

Wednesday, March 5

My Day.....

Today I visited an orphanage along with some of the other mothers from my 3yr olds school. This is an orphange that the schools PTG (Parent/Teacher Group) supports.

There were about 9 of us including the Head of the School. I must say I was not prepared for what I was to see. It really does make you thankful for what you have and a runny nose or exczema (like my daughter has) seem like peanuts. Those are such little problems compared to what I saw today.

I have a whole new respect for people who volunteer and have a heart to work with these children. Many of the kids at the orphanage have been abandoned by their parents. Many because their families cannot support them and I am assuming that families with disabled children are looked down upon in this society. It was heartbreaking.

It was overwhelming emotionally. I am thankful that the school supports such a place. There is so much more we can do.

I was challenged today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...