2014 Snapshots

Thursday, February 14

Valentine's Day

Today I completely forgot that it's Valentines Day. And so did my husband!!

I know, I know how could I you say - well I really don't know. maybe it's because of where I'm living. It's not really such a big thing here in Thailand. The TV stations don't have ads bombarding us with what special gift is out there for your other half. I don't know.

But anyway seeing that today is a day set aside for me to remember my other half and my children and all those dear to me I am reminded of my devotion that I read a couple of days ago. Which really did challenge my heart and prompt me to ask some tough questions:



Do I love my husband well?

Do I adore the man God has given to me?

Am I admiring him as a child of God?

Am I appreciating him for who he is today instead of what he could be if he lived up to my expectations?

Am I giving my heart freely or do I make him feel as though he constantly has to earn my love?



These are tough questions and you know what love is a commitment to hardwork.

As I go through this day I am trying to answer each question truthfully.



I love my dear husband and I consider myself to be a very lucky (blessed) woman to have him in my life. Sometimes I do take him for granted and maybe it's days like these that are here to remind me to really appreciate him and to let him know that I love him for him.


Not with gifts but to verbally remind him that I love him and appreciate him.


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !!



If you would like to read the devotion plese click on the link. http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/girlfriends/11567926

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...