2014 Snapshots

Thursday, January 17

Thank God for Do-Overs!

As I mentioned yesterday, I can't believe we are half way through January. 17 days have come and gone and I'm still trying to figure out what I want to accomplish this new year. I appreciate this time of the year as it presents a great opportunity to start over - and boy do I need to start over. My intentions are always good and every year I start off so well and then as the year goes on I end up just living my life day to day and I find myself just trying to stay afloat and I hate that.
The other day I read a great devotion and oh how God is just so good at knowing what our needs are. You see every year I aim to try to change and make myself a better person. I realise that God doesn't change but He understands my need to change, my desire to live a purposeful life.
I am truly thankful for His Grace and Mercies which are new every morning. And thank goodness they are new every morning!!
Well after reading my devotion and now 17 days into 2008 and I have decided to make S.M.A.R.T. goals. Every goal I will set for me will be - S=specific, M=measurable, A=Attainable, R=realistic and T=timely.
I hope you are all doing well with your New Years Resolutions!!!

Lamentations 3:22-23 (NIV) states: "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...