2014 Snapshots

Monday, January 21

Influence !!


What do you do when your 3 year old tells you that she doesn't want to go to school anymore? Well that's what happened this morning. Tanysha decided that she didn't want to go to school anymore. I don't know what's happening. She loves school so I'm not too sure what's happening at the moment. I really hope she gets over this soon. (photo of Tanysha - happier days at school)

Renee on the other hand loves school and all that comes with it. I hope that will be the attitude for a long time to come.


In 2 days I have my doctor's appointment for an ultrasound. Yes I am expecting another baby and I'll be finding out then whether it is a boy or girl. I'm anxious, but really in the end I just hope for a healthy baby.


Today I started my personal bible study - I'm doing Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself. Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit. After my lesson today "living a quiet and gentle spirit" has taken on a whole new meaning. I never realized how much influence I have as a women. I read this scripture today - "But the Jews incited the God-fearing women of high standing and the leading men in the city. They stirred up persecution against Paul and Barnabas & expelled them from their region." Acts 13:50. You see the women were incited first and they had a big part in having Paul and Barnabas expelled from the region. Did they know that the women would have so much influence in having these men expelled.
For reasons we may never know, as Beth Moore writes in her study - God has entrusted to woman a most wonderful and terrible gift: the power of influence. How I use this gift of influence can either teach, nuture and encourage or at it's worst, cripple and kill.

After reading this it's no wonder God exhorts us to be of "gentle and quiet spirits". Not because we are lowly but because we posses such an awesome gift. Oh dear Father help me to use my influence in a positive way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...