2014 Snapshots

Tuesday, August 16

two weeks ago

this group of men came into our home in Thailand and packed our things.

IMG_0122 

it was 3 days of crazy busyness.  they went through each room separating what we were going to leave behind in Thailand for storage and what we were going to bring with us to Kazakhstan.  they worked hard and carefully and I was impressed.  None of them were big men to say the least but they were strong moving things around with ease.

on the third day which was a Friday and with the house empty it finally hit me hard that we were moving. As I shared previously I was sad, sad that we were leaving such a wonderful place, a place where we met beautiful people and made friends with them, also a place we called home.

But all things come to an end we felt that it was time to move on.

IMG_0004IMG_0047IMG_0088IMG_0112IMG_0125 the last photo is truck # 2 leaving with our things.  right now our things are on a ship headed to Hamburg, Germany.  I cannot wait till they arrive here in Kazakhstan…….in another 3 months (sigh).

in the meantime, well we have a settling in kit we are living out from and making do with what we have. (it always amazes me at what little we can live with!!)

p.s. i should be going live with the new blog soon.  I need to be done with this one!!

4 comments:

Mari said...

How nice to have them pack and load. 3 months is a long time to wait though!

Francesca said...

I love the logo on those boxes, and the company name! Hope you're settling in smoothly in Kazakhastan, even without your belongings.

Francesca said...

opsy, typo!

Jewel said...

Wow! That looks like quite the process!!! I have moved once in my life; I was 3-years-old and we moved across town. Moving to a new life in Cambodia will be quite the experience... once I am anticipating, but not ready for! I can't imagine moving countries away with 3 children.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...